Writing Reflection
Over this past semester, I have learned that I am not the best writer, and that is okay. However, I do need to improve on my writing in the areas of analysis and expanding on my thoughts. I tend to dance around the subject and never get to the point. I also need to work on structuring my thesis better, because mine usually are very "cookie cutter". This semester has taught me how to find the more complex undertones of a piece of literature, which will be very helpful for the upcoming exam.
My scores on the AP scale are usually on the lower end of the spectrum (4&5), and I will especially focus next semester on trying to increase my score. Looking further into real life implications will help me raise my score. Next semester I will also try to use better and more thoughtful words to describe my thoughts. I am looking forward to next semester and the chance to increase my writing skills.
My strengths through this past semester have been my introductions, and tone throughout my writing. I believe the reason I am good at writing an introduction is because there is very little analysis involved, and it is easy compared to the rest of the essay. I would say I am also moderately good at conclusions as well because they are simply wrapping up the argument previously presented.
My scores on the AP scale are usually on the lower end of the spectrum (4&5), and I will especially focus next semester on trying to increase my score. Looking further into real life implications will help me raise my score. Next semester I will also try to use better and more thoughtful words to describe my thoughts. I am looking forward to next semester and the chance to increase my writing skills.
My strengths through this past semester have been my introductions, and tone throughout my writing. I believe the reason I am good at writing an introduction is because there is very little analysis involved, and it is easy compared to the rest of the essay. I would say I am also moderately good at conclusions as well because they are simply wrapping up the argument previously presented.
I've read some of your essays, and I have to agree that your introductions are amazing! I also do really well with my introductions and tone, however my thesis statements are often cookie cutter because I'm paranoid that they won't read well with the rest of my essay. I think your goals for next semester are realistic, and I hope you meet them!
ReplyDelete